Sunday, November 4, 2007

~GIVE THANKS~

With Halloween over and Thanksgiving just around the corner I think I have caught the holiday bug! I am so excited for this holiday season. Spend time with my family & friends, decorating my home, enjoying all of the scrumptious baked goodies the season brings are just a few of the things I love about the holidays.


This year for Christmas my husband and I are taking our four children to Maui for two weeks. They have never been and can hardly wait to go....All of you mom's know what I mean...asking everyday "How many more days until we go? Do they speak a different language there? Will we have to dress like them? etc..." So many questions that I haven't even thought of the answers to. We are very excited to introduce them to a different culture, and to watch them learn about and explore the beautiful land.

I guess this is partially my reason for my jump on the holidays! As I have been thinking about Thanksgiving and what I should bake to take to the annual Thanksgiving feast, I began to think of those things in which I am ~Thankful For~. I am so truly blessed in my life and thankful for the wonderful people around me that I get to love and cherish each and everyday! I am thankful for my beautiful home, and my talent & hobby to decorate it. I am thankful for my husband and the light he has brought into my life. I am so thankful for my children, every smile, every laugh, and every story they tell me! I am thankful for life's little Ah Ha moments, that make me smile. I am thankful for a healthy body, and strong inter spirit. I am thankful for all of you, that I have met here on the Internet and those that I haven't had a chance in meeting yet. You have all been such a delight, and blessing in my life. I love your creativity, your charisma, and your wit! And of course I am thankful for delicious food...






...Which leads me to share this fun and ~SIMPLE~ Recipe for the delightful individual Cheesecakes. They are super delicious, easy to make, and great if you have that sweet tooth craving and don't want to make a huge cheesecake! I have included the recipe for you below...Enjoy

Ingredients:

16 ounces Cream Cheese -- softened

3/4 cup sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

12 vanilla wafers


Directions:
Beat cream cheese with all ingredients (except vanilla wafers) until smooth and creamy. Put 1 vanilla wafer in the bottom of a cupcake baking cup. Fill 1/2 full with cheese mixture. Bake at 350F degrees for 20 minutes. Let cool for 1 hour. Top with cherry, strawberry or blueberry pie filling.
Refrigerate and Waaa Laaa