Thursday, April 24, 2008

~THE THINGS WE WILL DO FOR BEAUTY~

Tonight, my daughter Aysha asked me if I would put sponge rollers in her hair before she went to bed. As I was curling her hair on the famous Pink Sponge Rollers I remembered my mom putting them in my hair when I was young. I recall trying to get to sleep on them but you just couldn't get quite comfy. But all the tossing and turning was sure worth it when you would wake up the next day and have a beautiful head of perfect bouncy curls! I thought it would be fun to show some other hairstyles from long ago, along with the beauty product that were used in styling these Do's!
1920s Hair Dryers...LOL.... "Finger Curls"
I have always wanted to have my hair done up in these awesome Feminine Finger Curls. Maybe someday I will find a beautician that can put me up in this do! When I do I will be sure to take pics for you all!
Waiting Patiently
Portable Hair Dryer Ad by General Electric
I can think of 10 thousand things I would rather do than have that contraption hooked up to my head! Can you even believe this is how the women curled there hair at the beauty shop! Thank goodness for technology! Old Time Beauty Parlor


"The Bob" a 1920s revolution in hair styles. First introduced during The Great War, The bob changed the way women would wear there hair from that point forward. The hairstyles of the 1920s created more controversy in hair fashion than any other time period.

Oops, it looks like they could have used a little help spelling on this great advertising piece!