Sunday, February 22, 2009

Shopping Around My Town...


Why don't you come shopping with me around my town? Our first stop will be one of my favorite boutique shops to frequent often, Details 1 & 2. Both shops have an air about them, a vibe that you feel as soon as you walk through the door. The beautiful treasures for your home that can be found in these shops will be adored for many years to come. From new items to rare fine antiques there is something for everyone to delight in. I have photographed both shops for you and will share Details 1 with you this evening and Details 2 with you on Wednesday. Details 1 carries the look of sophisticated elegance, and Details 2 is a bit more French country.

I am going to photograph one of my favorite shops for you every other month. I think this will be a fun addition & feature to add to the blog. I will call it "Shopping Around My Town" If you are not from here, you will get a chance to sneak a peak at all the great shopping Utah has to offer. I am always getting emails asking where the best hidden boutique & antique shops are in Utah, so I think this will be a great way of showing you the fabulous shopping and quaint little stores we have here in this great state. Enjoy the photos, and should you ever come to Utah email me and I will forward you a list/map of all my favorite shops!

Details Essential comforts for the home, Tucked away in Sugar House is Salt Lake’s finest find- Here you may rub elbows with the West’s leading interior designers as you shop for linens, bedding, accessories and treasured details.

For years, owner Becky Hatch has given fresh inspiration to designers only, in the art of accessories and display. Now, simple yet exquisite details provide a refined setting for her retail store where she knows how to provide maximum impact and lavish accent to create your own space and to evoke style to your own home.

In the store tones, textures, colors and fragrance come to life with Becky’s signature style. You will feel like you have been transported to a boutique in New York, San Francisco, or Santa Monica as you view a multitude of accessories and furniture both new and Vintage, and take time to discover the vast variety of linens (12diferent lines) bedding, comforters, pillows and bath accessories which define a room with comfort. Fueled by Becky’s buying trips abroad and back East, you may view China from England, tapestries, framed water colors from Europe, unique florals, Venetian mirrors and frames, tiles, rugs and furniture to transform or to accent your home.

Details store is inspired by the best in European Design, all their items are versatile and luxurious. At Details, turning a house into a comfortable haven is an art form.



Details Essential Comforts for The Home
1993 S 1100 E Salt Lake City, UT 84106
(801) 364-8963
If you are a shop owner in Utah and would like to be featured in my "Shopping Around My Town" feature please email me. I would be happy to come out and photograph your shop. Xo, Alys