Friday, August 7, 2009

Chandeliers ~My Love

I have a passion/obsession for fabulous vintage lighting. Chandeliers are my favorite and I have one "OK maybe more than one" hanging in every room of my home. I love the eye candy they bring to a room and I never tire of looking at them. Placing a chandelier as the center crown of your room and building your decor around it adds such opulence and grandeur to any space. I adore flanking petite chandeliers on each side of my bedstead or hanging them in the powder room to add that extra touch of femininity. Another great way to use vintage chandeliers that may not be safe to use indoors is using them outside. I have an old wrought iron chandy hanging in my gazebo and another hanging under my deck. If you find an old chandelier and the color just doesn't work for your home, it is easy enough to grab a can of high lacquer spray paint and painting it the color of your choice. I have done this several times and always love the end result! If you are looking for a fabulous chandelier for your personal space click here. I hope you enjoy drooling along with me, over the photo collage of fabulous chandeliers above! xo, Alys